CanTeen Community Guidelines
CanTeen is committed to providing a safe and inclusive service for all people regardless of their ethnicity, culture, faith, disability, sexuality, gender, or economic situation. If you need an interpreter, please feel free to contact the Australian Government interpreting service on 131 450 or InfoNOW Aotearoa New Zealand on 0800 656 656.
- Keep it respectful: Everyone has different beliefs and values. It is important that everyone feels welcome to have their say, especially regarding their own lived experience. You might not always agree with another’s opinion or approach, but you should still be respectful of everyone in this space.
- Keep it safe: As a member of Canteen Connect, you have the right to feel safe and respected. If you see something that is offensive, inappropriate, worrisome, or spam, please report it. This applies to both posts and private messages – please note private messages will only be visible to staff if reported.
- Keep it appropriate: Our admins may remove any content that could be considered harmful or identifying personal information (phone number, address, school, etc.) If your post is removed, admin will contact you to explain why.
- Keep it peer-based: CanTeen Connect’s discussion spaces are designed for peer support, not professional advice. As every person’s situation is different, nothing can replace the advice of your or your loved one’s treating team of health professionals. Posts providing medical advice will be removed.
- Keep it simple: We ask that individuals only have one account. If you’re having issues accessing the CanTeen Connect community, please contact email@example.com
Counsellors are online for CanTeen Connect 10am-10pm AEST weekdays and 11am-6pm AEST weekends. If you are unable to reach us and need to speak to someone, we recommend Kids Helpline. They support young people aged 5-25 and are available 24/7.
For urgent and confidential support, you can reach them on 1800 55 1800 or webchat through their website. If you are dealing with an emergency and need help immediately, please call 000.
CanTeen Connect welcomes and appreciates your feedback. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org about:
- What we are doing right
- What we could be doing better
- What you’d like to see
- Suggestions for updates to these guidelines